Past names of Lutheran School of Nursing were the Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing, the Lutheran Hospital School of Nursing, and originally, the Lutheran Hospital Training School for Nurses, which was founded by Louise Krauss-Ament in 1898. Lutheran Hospital was founded in 1858, and the Alumni Association was founded in 1905.
Per Melanie Schwartz, Director of Nursing Education, June 27, 2022 “we were officially notified via email from South City Hospital that unfortunately the School of Nursing is closing effective immediately”. Very sad news and a time of grieving for all of us. A sad ending for a school with a rich 124 year history of educating and graduating the best nurses in the area. School transcripts will still be available free of charge. Click this link for school transcripts: http://www.nursingschoollmc.com/transcript.php
Currently, the Lutheran School of Nursing can be reached on the Internet at www.nursingschoollmc.com or at 3547 S. Jefferson Ave., St. Louis, MO 63118 (314/577-5850).